Monday 2 June 2014

Rimmel Rita Ora Nail Polish In Pillow Talk

Rimmel Rita Ora Nail Polish In Pillow Talk




In my opinion Rimmel does the best drugstore nail polishes. The formula is amazing, the brush is nice and thick and they dry super fast. I saw this colour as part of Rita Ora's collection for Rimmel and just fell in love with it. I had been looking for ages for a very pale baby blue for Spring but couldn't find one that I felt was pale enough for what I was looking for.

I picked this up in Boots the other day and applied it basically as soon as I got home. It took two coats for a really opaque colour but it dried so quickly. I was a little disappointed with the colour to be honest. It's still a lovely blue shade that I think looks really nice in summer but it just wasn't the shade that I though I had picked up. The blue is a lot brighter and darker than I had hope or than it looks in the bottle. I'm not sure if you can see this in the photo but there is a difference. I will still try and use this colour and I have a Barry M one in a very similar shade to this and I definitely prefer the Rimmel one. 

But for now my search for the perfect very pale blue continues. I have my eye on Essie "Blue and Borrowed" so if anyone has tried this I'd really love to know if it is really pale or not. And if you know a shade of very pale blue that I might be interested in then I'd love to know in the comments below. Thank you :) 

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving Pastel shades at the moment
    this blue is stunning
    great blog, I'm now following you on BlogLovin
    Rachel XX
    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow :) I've just followed you back as well :) xx

      Delete
  2. This baby blue is my favourite shade at the moment! :D

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete