Wednesday 25 June 2014

The New Nautical Nails

The New Nautical Nails 





So I like to match my nails to my outfit as much as the next girl, and one of my favourite trends for summer is nautical, particularly stripes which I saw all over this months Elle and Vogue. When the weather starts to get warmer like it is now I really love wearing pretty dresses. I got this one last year from a stall in Camden Market for £8 which is amazing. And Camden is one of my favourite places for cute and unique fashion finds. 

To contrast with this simple stripy dress I wanted to wear a bright coral colour on my nails. Coral is one of my favourite colours for summer and it's such a great colour to wear when you start to get a little bit tanned (which I like to this I am now, even if it is mostly from a bottle!). Turns out I had a few more coral coloured nail polishes than I though but I think that they all look lovely with this dress or in fat with any striped or nautical outfit. Coral is a great alternative for red and I love the fresh and modern look of this outfit. 

The shades shown in the picture are:
Essie - Tart Deco
Essie Cute As A Button
Rimmel 60 seconds - 418 Instyle Coral
Collection - 43 Fruit Salad
Natural Collection - Antique Coral

The colour that I chose in the end was Rimmel Instyle Coral as I haven't worn this one in a while and I thought that it was a nice in-between of all the colours. Really love how this looks on the nails. 


6 comments:

  1. Both of the Essie nail polishes look gorgeous! I've been after 'Cute As A Button' for a while! :)

    shewhoisshort.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie are defo my favourite nail brand! And cute as a button looks great on toes in summer as well :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely colour. The dress is lovely too - of course! :)

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades are so beautiful! I should include one of them in my collection, I don't have anything similar for sure! :D

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, coral is one of my favourites for summer, you need to get your hand (nails!) on some! xx

      Delete