Monday 23 June 2014

Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask

Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask 



I've been searching for a new clay face ask for a while, one that would get really deep into my pores and remove all those impurities, of which my skin has a lot! I didn't know what brand or anything I was looking for which is unusual for my as my beauty shopping list is always full with specific products in specific shades that I've liked the look of from other people's videos or blog posts. But this time on my trip to Boots I was left to wonder round the face mask collections and really reading the back of the product to find what I wanted.

This one really caught my eye as it's a brand that I think might be new because I've never seen or heard of it before and I love trying new products as much as the next beauty blogger. After reading the back I found out that the brand Good Things has been developed by award winning beauty writer Alice Hart-Davis. I remember that when I was younger I got a book written by her for my birthday called Be Beautiful. It was filled with beauty tips and tricks for younger girls such as how to apply blushes and how to deal with spots and fun pampering ideas. I think it was one of the first things to really get me into beauty and makeup and I loved how it was also few factual and scientific as well so I trusted that Alice would know a bit herself about skincare and be able to developed a really great product.

Firstly I love the packaging because it's fun and pretty and reminds me of summer. The second thing I noticed was the smell and I was a little disappointed as it's really not a smell I like. Although I have also realised that the only other clay face mask that I have also smells pretty much exactly like this so maybe that's just a general clay face mask smell. Before I used this I took my makeup off, cleansed and then steamed my face. I try and do this about once a week and afterwards I love to use a good face mask, especially a clay one. The steam really opens up your pores so after when you use a face mask it get get even deeper into your pores to really clear them out.

The product itself applied really smoothly to my face and I applied a nice thick layer like it suggested on the back of the product. I then left it on for 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water. While I was wearing the mask my face started to feel really tight as it dried out pretty quickly but I left it on for the recommend time anyway. I wouldn't really suggest leaving it on my longer as it might get uncomfortable. After taking it off my skin felt so nice and smooth. I applied my Clinique spot gel and lots of my Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser and I was done. I've used this a couple of times now and each time I am so impressed my how much clearer my skin looks the morning afterwards.

All in all despite the kind of yucky smell I love this product. I think it does great things for my fairly sensitive skin and it is pretty gentle so it would be good for most skin types. So next time your in Boots I recommend checking this one out. And let me know if you've tried anything else from this range because I really want to now. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I have pretty sensitive skin too and I'm really trying to take care of my skin more so I might have to give this a try.
    Elesaurus


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm trying to eat better and wear less makeup as much as possible. I would defo recommend this then :) xx

      Delete