Monday 13 April 2015

Perfect Pair - Two New Cream Eyeshadows

Perfect Pair - Two New Cream Eyeshadows

Katherine Penney Chic Cream Eyeshadows Perfect Pair Drugstore Makeup Beauty Review

I bought these two products nearly a month ago now and there have only been a couple of days since then where I have reached for anything else. So I thought it was about time that I shared them with you! 

They are both creme eyeshadows, both under £10 and both a natural bronzey brown shade. But their texture and appearance on the eyelids is very different. 

Katherine Penney Chic Cream Eyeshadows Perfect Pair Drugstore Makeup Beauty Review

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Leather Effect - Creamy Beige
This is a new edition to the original 24hr colour tattoos which I really loved but these are the matte version. Creamy Beige is a really natural shade that is perfect for everyday. It's so easy to blend on with your fingers really quickly which is something that I love about cream eyeshadows. While this colour looks lovely on it's own what I use it for more often is as a base products. I use a little bit all over my eyelids to get rid of any veins and for a perfect even base for any other products that I apply. 

MaXfactor Excess Shimmer - Copper
I had heard several people talking about this on other blogs and YouTube and thought that it looks so pretty and exactly the kind of thing that I would love. And I was right! I'm not sure that I would describe this shade as copper, personally I think it is more of a bronze and is very shimmery and pretty. I apply this with my finger as well but this is more creamy than Maybelline Creamy Beige. This one also appears almost like a wet shimmer on the eyes, which I don't have anything else like and I really love. 

Katherine Penney Chic Cream Eyeshadows Perfect Pair Drugstore Makeup Beauty Review

These two cream eyeshadows are pretty different but my favourite thing to do is to wear these together. I apply the Maybelline cream shadow first to act as a base colour all over the lid, and then use MaXfactor Copper on top to add the beautiful wet look shimmer. They still look so natural together and are just perfect for everyday but the shimmer adds a little bit extra like you have put a bit more effort into your makeup. Either I will just wear these two on their own with a little bit of mascara or I will use a matte brown eyeshadow in the crease for extra definition and to blend everything out.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried either of these products and what you thought of them. Or even if you have tried them together! And if you haven't then I really recommend trying both of them as they look and feel a lot more expensive than they really are.
Lots of love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment