Thursday 2 April 2015

New Shoes!

New Shoes!

This morning I had a rather unsuccessful shopping trip with my mum. I had been so excited to go shopping as I have saved up a bit of money to spend on some new clothes for Spring/Summer and I had seen some really lovely things while internet shopping that I wanted to try on. However none of the things that I really wanted were in stock and as it turns out there isn't even a Mango in Bromley anymore!

Katherine Penney Chic Fashion Style Summer Boat Shoes Loafers Life Shopping Aldo

Zara had so many beautiful new things. But it was just one of those times that everything I tried on didn't look quite right - so annoying! But just when I had had enough of shopping (yes, it really was that unsuccessful!) mum and I decided to pop into Aldo to see if they had any nice shoes. I have a pair of brown boat shoe loafer types things that I have had and worn for the majority of the last two Summers. They are just my favourite shoe as they are practical, so comfy and they go with pretty much anything; jeans, skirts and dresses. But they have definitely seen better days and I have been desperate to replace them for a while but nothing that I saw seemed to quite live up to my old shoes. 

Katherine Penney Chic Fashion Style Summer Boat Shoes Loafers Life Shopping Aldo

So when I saw these on display at the front of Aldo I grabbed them and tried them on. It almost felt like a blessing for being so patient on such an unsuccessful, unlucky shopping trip. And the good news was that they fit perfectly, although the bad news was that my feet appear to have shrunk back to a size 4!

Katherine Penney Chic Fashion Style Summer Boat Shoes Loafers Life Shopping Aldo

These are just the perfect summer shoes and the perfect replacement to my old brown boat shoes. Although I have a feeling that I won't be able to throw out my old shoes because I love them and despite their smell they have sentimental value. These new ones are leather though so I am hoping that if I look after them they will last a bit longer and hopefully won't smell quite so bad!

I'm heading out tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday and to catchup with everyone from my school. And since I've got back from shopping all I have really done is this blogpost, paint my nails and plan my outfit. And now I'm about to curl my hair. Guys do not understand how long it actually takes us to get ready for a night out! I swear I need like 5 hours. And even longer if I'm gonna do the whole bubble bath and face mask routine! 

Anyway, there will be an outfit post coming up soon of what I am wearing tonight which you should keep an eye out for as it is one of my favourite outfits. Speak soon xx



2 comments: