Thursday 9 April 2015

Magazine Inspiration

Magazine Inspiration

Katherine Penney Chic Company Magazine Old Creative Fashion Street Style Inspiration

I spent this morning going through loads of my old Company magazines for some inspiration and to get my creative juices flowing. I'm so glad that I kept loads of these magazine as they are perfect for a little project that I am working towards at the moment. Company was one of my favourite magazines and I am so sad that they don't produce actual magazines any more. I remember getting so excited when they arrived every month and I would make myself a drink and they run upstairs shut myself in my room and just read the whole magazine from cover to cover!

Katherine Penney Chic Company Magazine Old Creative Fashion Street Style Inspiration

For this I was looking at street style and young fashion as a form of expression. So once I had collected all of my images and cut them out I started laying them out on my floor so I could have a look at them all together. And this is what it ended up looking like. 

Katherine Penney Chic Company Magazine Old Creative Fashion Street Style Inspiration

I think for a lot of creative projects, especially to do with fashion a moodboard is a great place to start to find inspiration for an initial idea or to take your idea further. And I actually had such a lovely morning going to magazine and tearing things out with some good music in the background. And moodboards don't have to be just for projects. On my university wall I have loads of magazine cuts outs of images that I love, or fashion inspiration and just anything that I like and it makes really cool wall art or pin board decoration above a desk. 

Let me know if you've ever made an inspiration board and what images yours was filled with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment