Monday 2 March 2015

Pretty Bedroom Pieces

Pretty Bedroom Pieces 

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Room Uni Decor Interior White Pretty Pastel Decorations Girlie

Moving into my new bedroom at university meant trying to find new ways to make my room feel prettier and more homely. And I think I've found that the best way to do that was not with big thing but with a few little bits and pieces and some beautiful details. So of these I bought with me from home and some of them I've added since I've been at university. 

But I thought that for this post I would share my tips on how I like to make a room feel a bit more homely. 

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Room Uni Decor Interior White Pretty Pastel Decorations Girlie

Firstly stick to a simple colour theme. I've chosen white and pastel colours not only because they are my favourite but also because they help to make a small room appear bigger. My first tip would be pretty pots and vases on empty surfaces and desks. Not only are these pretty but they can also be used as storage for little bits and pieces such as hair ties and stationery. 

Vase of fake flowers - Ikea
Flower mugs - local store at home
Glass white patterned jar - Primark

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Room Uni Decor Interior White Pretty Pastel Decorations Girlie

Another way I like to add some detail to my room is with pretty boxes. Being the neat freak that I am I think that you can never have too many pretty boxes to organise all of your bits and pieces. Especially for delicate little things like jewellery pretty boxes come in very hand. I like to keep my favourite ring and earrings in this little round one and my bracelets in the bigger box. 

Round Embellished Pot - Monsoon Home
Pattered Box - Market in Egypt

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Room Uni Decor Interior White Pretty Pastel Decorations Girlie

Another way I like to add a bit of a personal feel to my bedroom is with my favourite perfumes, makeup and nail polish. Not only does it make them easier to find and reach but it also adds some really pretty detail and picks up on the colour theme of my room. 

Perfume - Daisy Dream Marc Jacobs
Nail Polish - All Essie

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Room Uni Decor Interior White Pretty Pastel Decorations Girlie

Finally just add any other bits and pieces that take your fancy! I love having this Live, Love Laugh accessory above my desk as I find it motivational. And I also have this little white Eiffel tower which I got in Paris last year and reminds me of an amazing summer holiday. It's lovely to keep little things from travels and days out that remind you of happy memories. 

Live Laugh Love - Monsoon 
White Eiffel Tower - Market in Paris

Hope you liked this little post and maybe it gives you a few ideas. Speak soon xx

5 comments:

  1. These are some really great tips on how to decorate your dorm room! I agree, sticking to a simple colour theme, like white and pastel, is very important in order to give the room a cohesive look :)

    EmmasBeginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are on point!?
    What camera are you using?

    From Aus,

    Tahnee

    http://misstahtravels.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how light and feminine all of these bedroom pieces are. Lovely selection and arrangement and those essie polishes have such pretty colors.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete