Sunday 22 March 2015

A Wardrobe Spring Clean

A Wardrobe Spring Clean 

Katherine Penney Chic Clothes Wardrobe Closet Spring Clean Organisation Sorting Decor Bedroom

Arriving back from university about to unpack a load of clothes (some of which were new!) I decided that it would be a perfect time to finally sort out my wardrobe. A good old Spring clean! Since going to university it has become a lot more obvious which clothes I wear all the time and probably couldn't live without and which clothes I had forgotten actually existed. 

I started off with sorting my shoes and bags and dividing them into three piles; keep, Charity Shop and throw. It sounds silly but I found that I had three pair of shoes that were so old and in such awful condition that I would never wear them out, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them because I had had them for so long and they had memories! In the end I managed to throw away those three pairs of shoes and then fill a whole big bag of shoes and bags for the Charity Shop. 


Katherine Penney Chic Clothes Wardrobe Closet Spring Clean Organisation Sorting Decor Bedroom

Next I decided to start on my clothes as I knew I had a lot of clothes that I hadn't worn in years. Starting at one end of my closet I went through every coat hanger decided what I did and didn't wear. If I hadn't worn it in the last year then it was definitely out. After I had unpacked my clothes from university I was left with the clothes that I wore all the time, with a clear colour theme!  

Katherine Penney Chic Clothes Wardrobe Closet Spring Clean Organisation Sorting Decor Bedroom

I arranged the clothes in the order outwear, jumpers and cardigans, shirts and blouses, tops, dresses, and suits and workwear. And then within each section I put the clothes in to a colour order so it was easier to find different pieces and the sections were more clear. Some people like to arrange all by style, or all by colour or grouping things that they wear together in sections. So really it is just whatever works best for you. 

Katherine Penney Chic Clothes Wardrobe Closet Spring Clean Organisation Sorting Decor Bedroom

The final thing that I did to neaten up my wardrobe was something that I hadn't done before but I wish I did a lot earlier. I had always had a total mis-match of hangers it basically whatever I am given or whatever I can find. But what I did was I went around the rest of my house and swapped the hangers that I had for these white wire hangers as they look the neatest. And I kept a few stronger wooden hangers for my outwear and workwear. I love how neat and put together this looks and I think something as simple as the same hangers can really neaten up your closet. 

Having a closet like this has just made it so much easier and more fun to get ready in the morning. I can see everything in all the different sections and pick out different pieces to mix and match. And it sounds silly but I feel like one of those 20-something women with their life together picking the perfect outfit for the day ahead out of their beautiful closet! 

Katherine Penney Chic Clothes Wardrobe Closet Spring Clean Organisation Sorting Decor Bedroom

I also did a quick clear up of my drawers although these weren't actually too bad. I just put my tops into colour and style piles so it would be easier to find what I was looking for. 

I hope that this has inspired you to maybe have a bit of a clear out. You might find loads of room for new bits and pieces. I would be lying if I said that I hadn't done any internet shopping since! I know that it does take a bit of time, and if you haven't done it in a while it can be so daunting. But it really is worth it, a clean fresh start for Spring. And you never know, you might find your favourite jumper that you though you lost months ago shoved down the back of you closet! xx






2 comments:

  1. Is your favourite colour blue? :) haha... always find clothes I forgot about in closet spring cleans! Its like shopping without getting the bank card out!

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know, it's bad! But I just think blue is a colour that suits me! Yes, exactly! xx

      Delete