Sunday 2 February 2014

January Favourites

January Favourites 


This is my first ever monthly favourites, and hopefully the first of many. I have started trying out a few new products this month but for many of them, particularly skin care I wanted to keep using for a bit longer before giving my opinion. But these are the things that have really stood out for me this month. Hope you all had a lovely January. 

Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 
I seem to have got so much use of this in January, not just for evenings out but also for everyday. I have finally broken out of my "this is expensive so I should only use this on special occasions" and it feels good! For my detailed blogpost on this palette click here

Body Shop Shea Butter Lip Balm 
My lips got so dry this month and this is the product that saved them. It's so moisturising and it smells amazing. Plus I was wearing it like a nude lip colour and it never left any creases or lines on my lips. 

Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF 30
I had been looking for a daily suncream that wouldn't be too greasy or make me breakout for a while. This one works really well and doesn't make my skin look white at all. I'm not totally in love with the smell but it works so I don't mind. 

Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel Pore Nose Strips
These are amazing. And I only remembered how much I love them when I used them for my huge pamper evening. They really do get rid of the yucky stuff that builds up around your nose, but you do need to use a little bit of moisturiser afterwards. 

Boots Build Up Removal Expert Shampoo
While I do love all of my Aussie products I was looking for something that would really get rid of all the products and grease that build up in my hair. This does the job perfectly without leaving my hair feeling stripped or dry. I used it every 1-2 weeks and for under £3 it is a total bargain. 

Collect Deluxe Lipstick in 03 Charleston 
I wanted a natural looking slightly brown tinted lipstick that I could wear with a brown smokey eye look. I found this one in Superdrug for £3 and decided to give it a go, not really to see if the product would be good but to see if the colour would even suit me before I splurged. But this was a lovely surprise. I can look past the horrible cheap packaging becuase the lipstick itself is so lovely and smooth and glossy. This was such a bargain! 

CALA Angled Contour Brush
I got this for Christmas in my stocking and have used this everyday since. I use this to define my cheek bones with my Rimmel bronzer and love the look this gives. The brush is so smooth and I will definitely be looking into this brand more for makeup brushes.  

And finally I wasn't sure if I could count this but it is more of an obsession than a favourite. One day I was scrolling through Netflix and decided to give Vampire Diaries a go. Next thing I know I've watched the whole of Season 1 in a week! Not only are Damon and Stefan absolutely gorgeous but the storyline is so tense and really makes you want to keep watching. I'm having to limit the amount of episodes I'm allowed to watch now before my A levels begin to suffer! 

So let me know in the comments down below what you have been loving this month. And bring on February, with a little less rain please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment