Thursday 6 February 2014

Taylor Swift Red Concert

Taylor Swift Red Concert 




Oh my god! I don't really know how to begin this post! I'm still in total shock from last Saturday night when I was lucky enough to see Taylor Swift's Red Tour at the O2 arena. And it was amazing!

My best friend and I both got ticket for Christmas as we are both total Swifties! I like to think that I was the one who introduced her to Taylor as I have been such a huge fan for years. I think that there is something about the honestly in her music that is so relatable to so many people. She tells of painful and happy situations how they really are and she makes each song into it's own little story like it's read straight from her diary. And that is exactly what made her concert the most incredible thing that I have ever seen. Every single song was different and each so personal. She introduced each song like she was setting the scene for the story, just in a very American way! She'd tell how or when she wrote it and what it meant to her. And for the audience it was so inspiring how personal all her music is. 


The concert was like being at the theatre production, a ballet and a musical all in one. She had a huge number of quick changes and her costumes we so classy and cool, mostly beautiful dresses, nothing to revealing despite her amazing figure. She almost had a different outfit to help tell the story of each song. And exactly the same can be said for her backing dancers and the stage design. Each song was like her own retake on the music videos and it made it the most amazing thing to watch. She also sang a few of her older songs as well as her new ones. But the biggest surprise for me was when Ed Sheeran came on stage and they preformed together!

My favourite moment was when she sang "All Too Well" which was already my favourite song off the album. She sang while playing the piano (of course she isn't only a talented singer, song-writer and guitarist!) in the most moving and emotional way. You could tell how much the song meant to her as it was reflected so much in her music. 

Long story short it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. Taylor Swift has been my favourite artist for over 5 years now and has been such a huge part of my childhood. I know all the words to all of her songs, even the unreleased ones, and each mean something different to me. The experience was something that I will never forget and is something that I will look back on for years to come, and I got to do it all with my best friend. 

So if you read my bucket list post which I will link here, which is getting pretty long then you will see that seeing a Taylor Swift concert is on there, just now it can finally be ticket off. And I'm so grateful! Thank you Santa, best present ever!

Write in the comments below if you saw Taylor Swift's concert or even what your favourite band/singer is, I'd love to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment