Thursday 17 April 2014

Natural Barely There Makeup Look

Natural Barely There Makeup Look



So this holiday has basically just been me sitting at my desk trying to revise. And because I have barely been leaving the house most days I have just been in lounge pants with a top knot and no makeup. However yesterday I went out for lunch with a friend that I have know since I was about 3 for a catch up. Going days without doing my makeup actually make me even more excited to finally get to sit in front of the mirror. But as this was only a lunch date and it was sunny I wanted a look that was really natural and light on my skin. This look is very similar to the makeup that I wear to school and I love how quick and easy it is to do. 

Firstly I used a small amount of my Clinique sample moisturiser all over my face to prep my skin. Afterwards I used my Rimmel London matte BB cream on my skin as a light cover up. I fell in love with this stuff from my first use but I don't want to talk anymore about it now as I think it really deserves it's own blog post! Then I concealed a few blemishes, spot scars and my dark circles with my favourite concealer which is the Collection lasting perfection concealer. Which reminds me, have you guys read my last blog post on how to reduce dark circles, if not you can check it out here

Afterwards I used a tip which I got from a recent Tanya Burr video which is to use bronzer as an eyeshadow to warm up the skin and look really natural. Like Tanya I have the Bourjois chocolate bronzer which I sweeped over my lids and then along my lower lash line. As we were keeping this makeup look really simple I then left my eyeshadow at that. I used a brown eye liner pencil to then outline the whole of my eye really lightly. I had never actually tried this before but I think it really makes the eyes too bigger and brighter. And I would definitely stick to brown as it is a lot more natural that black, don't press too hard and try to keep the mine as thin as possible. I then curled my eyelashes using my No7 curlers and then did a few strokes of my Clinique high impact mascara. 

To complete the look I decided not to fill my eyebrows in but just set them in place using the collection clear mascara. I then used the same bronzer to define my cheekbones (or lack of!) and warm up the rest on my face. To finish I applied a tiny amount of Rimmel soft colour blush in pink rose to my cheeks and my Deluxe lipstick in the shade 03 Charleston. 

So I hope you this post. Let me know if you would like to see more makeup looks in the comments below. I'm not the most out there or experimental when it comes to make up but I do like to try out new looks and see what I thing works. So hopefully there will be more of these types of posts in the future. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment