Monday 5 January 2015

My 2014 Beauty Favourites

My 2014 Beauty Favourites

Katherine Penney Chic Beauty Favourites 2014

I'm finally getting around to doing my 2014 beauty favourite. I love watching these videos and reading these posts. A lot of people do this in categories and talk about their favourite foundation and then concealer and then powder etc. Being fairly new to beauty blogging I firstly don't think that I have enough products to do that and secondly thought rather than trying to find things purely to fill a certain category I would just talk about the products that I have found and tried this year that have really impressed me. 


Garnier Micellar Water
When I first tried this I really wasn't too sure about it. Before I had only been using wipes to take of my makeup and this was nothing like I'd ever used before. I did a whole blogpost which you can find here back in May where I talk about the pros and cons. Since then I haven't actually used anything else to take of my makeup. It's so much more gentle than any wipes and it takes everything off with just a few cotton pads. Plus it's a total bargain. 

Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion
I like to look a little bronzed as much as the next girl and sometimes we just have to fake it a little. I've never really been a fake tan girl, I get scared that it's going to go horribly wrong and one day I'll wake up orange or my beautiful white sheets will turn brown. Instead I've been using gradual tanner for years now and I think this one is my favourite. I use the shade medium to dark usually as then I only need one application for a visible tan. What I really love about this gradual tanner is that unlike a lot of others that I have tried the undertones are bronze not orange which makes it a lot more natural. 

La Roche-Posay
There is huge hype going on about this stuff in the beauty community as it is now available in the UK - yay! I've been loving this since I picked it up in Paris as the beginning of summer. I just use it as a toner after my face wash and before a moisturiser. It's hard to put it down to one product as I have changed a few things in my skincare routine this year but I honestly think this is what has cleared up a lot of the little bumps that I used to have all over my face. 

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil
I have pretty thick hair but it is also very dry and this summer with the heat and swimming my hair really started to dry out. With Moroccan Oil not in my budget I picked this up hoping it would be similar and I have been really impressed. I used to use about 10 different hair products after I washed my hair and now this is the only one that I really reach for. It de-frizzes and really moisturises my hair as well as leaving it smelling amazing. If I don't use this then my hair can dry into a frizzy static afro!

Elegant Touch Rapid Dry For Nail
This has honestly been such a life saver this year. Basically you paint your nails and then spray them with a bit of this and it helps them to dry so much quicker. I think it takes a little longer than 60 seconds like it says on the bottle but it's still such a great product. 

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
I absolutely love this product. It's the most amazing powder that gets rid of shine without getting rid of a glow. It lasts for months as it is so fine and I love the practically of the thin pot and the big mirror. If you haven't already you really need to try this. 

Sephora Black Eyeliner
This is such a great eyeliner. It's super pigmented, super black and super long so it's going to last me for a while. Hopefully until I can get my hands on another one!

Real Techniques Buffing Blush
For months now this is all I have used to apply any foundation or BB cream. It's soft, so easy to work with and the hairs don't fall out the brush. This whole set by Real Techniques is a really great one and I hope this year I get to try out more of their brushes. 

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm - Enticing
This year I was totally blown away by this whole range from Revlon, the lacquer and the matte balms. They are a great price for amazing quality and I just love the packaging. This red is quite bright but I think that it really suits me. It's glossy and last for ages too. And the colour has been a real staple this last month. 

Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss
This was the lipgloss that converted me back to lipgloss. For years I'd avoided wearing lipgloss as I hated the sticky feel and the hair issues it caused. But I love this product, especially the colour Cashmere Rose. It's a beautiful pinky coral that looks really natural and is glossy without being sticky. This year I really want to try out a few more colours from this range too. 

The Body Shop Indian Night Jasmine Perfume
This is one of the scents that I have really been loving this year. It smells a little bit spicy and a little bit fruity. To be honest I don't really know how to describe it (you'll just have to go and sniff it yourself!) but I've got a lot of complements wearing this. And my boyfriend loves it which is always a good thing!
The other scent that I have also been loving this year is Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream. It smells floral and fresh which I really love. Sadly at the moment it's back at uni, I didn't want to risk it with such a beautiful bottle. But I did still want to include it.

NuNail Cream Nail Strengthener
This year I really suffered from dry flaking nails. I tried a lot of different treatments and while my nails are still nowhere near perfect this has really helped my. Whenever I get a chance I just massage this into each of my nails and it really moisturises them. A great cheap product! 

Essie Nail Polish - Parka Perfect
You can read the full review and see some picture of this polish here. I love Essie polishes anyway but this is just such a beautiful unusual colour. It's really flattering and I think that it would work all year round. 

Rimmel Space Dust - Aurora
I really need to pick up a new one of these as I think it's nearly finished and starting to go a little gloopy. But I am so in love with this shade it's like a beautiful rose golden glitter. What I love most about this glitter polish is how you need one coat and your good to go. It takes ages to even chip and it just look gorgeous. I think this would have to be one of my favourite nail polishes of all time!

Hope you all had a lovely 2014. Sorry again that this post is a little late but I hope that you still enjoy reading this and maybe find some new products that you want to try out this year. Comment down below any product that you were loving in 2014, I'd love to hear. 
Speak soon xx






No comments:

Post a Comment