Monday 19 January 2015

The Best Surprise Ever

The Best Surprise Ever

Katherine Penney Chic Boyfriend Relationship Love Happy Life

On Saturday night I was on the phone to my boyfriend Jack who is at university in Durham. The last time that I saw him was New Years Eve which I know isn't too long ago but with him going skiing, my exams, then his exams and university life then next time I was going to be able to see him was Valentines Day. Not because I am a soppy Valentines Day person (although I do like all the pink heart decorations and the chocolates!) but just because that was the first weekend we were both available. 

Katherine Penney Chic Boyfriend Relationship Love Happy Life Flowers

After another long day of revision we were just chatting on the phone as I thought he was walking back from playing squash. Then he told me to look out my window and surely enough there he was standing in the dark holding a bunch of my favourite flowers. I can't quite explain to you the shock and happiness that I felt in that moment and when I ran downstairs into his arms. It was like actually being in one of the many romance films that I love to watch! Being a good 2 or 3 hours away by train and not having loads of money being students we don't get to see each other during term time as much as either of us would like. But seeing him every 3 to 4 weeks is what keeps me going through the stress of uni work and missing home sometimes. 

He stayed for Saturday night and then left late on Sunday evening. We stayed in bed and watched Netflix in the evening and then on Sunday we had a long lie in, went for brunch at my halls. In the afternoon I dragged him along to see The Theory of Everything as I have wanted to see it for ages but all of my friends had seen it so I had no one to go with. If you haven't seen it I really recommend it, it's a lovely film with some of the most amazing acting I have seen in a long time. We also went out for a quick dinner at Bella Italia and then I took him to the station. 


Katherine Penney Chic Boyfriend Relationship Love Happy Life Flowers


It has been back to revision today, but after a perfect day with Jack yesterday I feel a little more motivated and I just can't wait to get my last exam over with on Thursday. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have a boyfriend who would go to all that effort to surprise me like that! He really is amazing! 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and Monday hasn't been too hard on you! Speak soon xxx





1 comment:


  1. love your post! I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Come and look :) http://spiridoulasbeautyspot.blogspot.gr/2015/01/liebster-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete