Saturday 15 March 2014

Topshop Ohh La La Lipstick Review

Topshop Ohh La La Lipstick Review 





Okay, so I have a confession to make. This is the first piece of Topshop makeup that I have ever bought! I know, it's ridiculous. Especially since I am always hearing so many good things about Topshop make. So anyway, the first purchase that I made was this bright coral red coloured lipstick for £8. Over the last few months I have been really getting into lipsticks and have started to build up a bit of a collection. But so far the colours that I have are pretty wintery and as I am already shopping for Spring/Summer (I know it's early but I'm so excited!) I chose this beautiful bright shade. 

To be perfectly honest the tester was very scary, I've never really rocked a bright bold lip colour before and not even the pictures can show you how bright this is in real life! The best way that I can think of describing it would be to say that it's a "neon peachy colour". Not really very technical but oh well! It doesn't come out as bright on the lips but can really be built up to however strong you want it. And the formula is not matte but not overly glossy either which I really love. 

One thing that I do have to say is that being a bold lip you really can tell when your lips are dry or flaky. A little bit of exfoliating before wearing this lipstick is definitely a must! I think this would look gorgeous in Spring with lashings of mascara and dewy bronzed skin. I can also imagine wearing something crisp and white to really pull this modern Spring look together. 


Overall I am very impressed with my first Topshop product and will definitely be buying some more pieces on my next shopping spree. So let me know in the comments below what you think about Topshop makeup and I would love to hear about any product recommendations that you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment