Sunday 5 January 2014

New Year, New Me

New Year, New Me



I'm not usually the sort of person to make New Years Resolutions, they leave me feeling disappointed and annoyed that I have very little self control (particularly over chocolate). But this year it really is a New Year, New Me, and with this comes a list of things that I WILL keep to.

I've tried to keep my resolutions fairly short and simple. So here goes...

  1. Drink more water - I say this all the time, but like a lot of people I'm just not having enough water. I want to get to the stage where I'm asking for iced water rather than a Diet Coke in a restaurant. And then maybe my skin will thank me for it too.
  2. Do 50 sit ups before bed - I actually used to do this when I was about 15 and suddenly felt really insecure about my body. The results were pretty good and started to show quite quickly so I really want to get back into this habit.
  3. Go on a run once a week - I used to be a really a really good runner and did competitions and everything. But like a lot of other things I grew up lost interest and lost any talent I once had. It's one of my biggest regrets. But this year I want to start running again, its such a great way to clear my head and I feel so good afterwards. And maybe it will give me an excuse to buy one of those beautiful pairs of Nike trainers!
  4. Don't pick off my nail polish - its a bad habit that's ruining my nails, it needs to stop.
  5. Be more adventurous with food - I am the worlds fussiest eater and its getting embarrassing. The only place I can go to dinner is Pizza Express and even there I will only order a Margarita with ham. I want to be able to go out to a classy restaurant and not have to worry if they do chicken strips and chips!
So that's my list. I thought I should stick to five so they might actually be achievable! Let me know what your New Years resolutions are because I'd love to know.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great list, including some of my own resolutions (I must drink more water haha!). I genuinely feel as if I'm going to complete my resolutions this year, and I hope you do too!

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you hunny. :) I hope so, although my first run was difficult! Good luck with your resolutions as well

      Katherine xx (same name!)

      Delete