Monday 2 May 2016

April Favourites

April Favourites


thumb_IMG_2834_1024

Hope everyone has had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend. My best friend came up from Leeds and we went out on Friday night and then spent most of Saturday chilling. But apart from that I have just been getting a lot of coursework done and out the way so that I can move onto some revision. How exciting is my life!


Anyway, here are some of the amazing products that I have been loving during the month of  April. And I think I will start with my favourite favourite.


Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour - Seduction
If I am right these are fairly new releases, but I had heard good things so I wanted to try one out. I honestly can't rave enough about this product. In fact I think I might have to try a couple more of the shades and then dedicate a whole post to them! It is like applying a lipgloss, with this shade I would even apply without a mirror. But they dry down slightly and stay put for ages. And even after hours when they do start to fade, it is pretty even and still leaves a lovely colour on the lips. They also smell like Parma Violets!


Essie Nail Polish - Urban Jungle 
I'm all about nude nail polish at the moment. It doesn't feel right to wear dark Wintery shades now that we are in May, but at the same time it is still too cold for bright Summer colours. This shade is a beautiful off-white that comes up slightly beige/pink. It's very flattering, looks lovely with both gold and silver jewellery and compliments every outfit. And of course, I just can't fault Essie nail polishes. Watch out for a post about my favourite nude Essie shades coming soon!


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
So many bloggers and Youtubers had said this was their favourite mascara, so when I bought it a couple of months ago and tried it for the first time I was really disappointed. However last month I felt my Benefit Roller Lash mascara might be getting a little old so I swapped it out and decided to try this one again. This time I got along with this much better and love how it makes my lashes look. It really defines and volumises my lashes and is perfect for everyday but can really be built up to something that can look like false lashes. Really love this and am so glad that I gave it another try!


Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Mask 
At the end of this month my skin had a bit of a moment, I'm not totally sure why. Thankfully it has almost cleared up now and I think it is partly down to this mask. This is a really great one for blemish-prone skin and leaves my skin feeling so clean without feeling stripped or dry. Also this is a great quick one to leave on for 5 minutes while you are brushing your teeth or something!


Real Techniques Bold Metals - 300 and 200
I have been meaning to talk about these brushes for a while now, aren't they beautiful! I love all of them but thought I would share with you my two favourites. My first favourite is the rose gold 300 brush which I have been using for blushes. It's so soft and the perfect size to make sure the blushes is just going on the apples of my cheeks. My other favourite is the silver 200 brush which is the perfect blending brush. I am honestly not sure what I did before I had this in my collection! It is perfect for eyeshadow in the crease and making sure that everything is really blended and smooth.


Calvin Klein Pink Bralette
I am sure that I have talked about my love for Calvin Klein bralettes before on my blog. In fact I am wearing my grey one now a I type this! They are honestly the most comfortable thing and still look really cool! I think this pastel pink shade will look lovely in Summer either with a white tank top and shorts or just for lounging around at home in.


Now that May is here I am officially so excited for Summer! I actually just booked my holiday this morning! I just hope that the weather warms up again soon.
Speak soon
xx


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment