Tuesday 5 January 2016

New Years Aspirations

New Years Aspirations 


Firstly Happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a great New Years Eve whatever you were doing!

I'm a big fan of setting myself goals to work towards so it may come as no surprise that my first post of 2016 will be my New Years Aspirations. I set goals daily in the form of to do lists and things that I want to get done. But having yearly goals means that I am able to break a habit or change my lifestyle and generally to grow and learn as a person. 

So in no particular order here are my 10 aspirations for this year. 

LIVE WITH LESS
If I don't use it or don't wear it then I probably don't need it. I've really been loving a more minimal style recently and I want to carry that through to the rest of my life to avoid clutter and unnecessary stuff. 

DRINK MORE WATER 
I am always setting myself this goal. I do drink water and green tea, but nowhere near as much as I should. Maybe this will be the year that I make the change. 

BE BALANCED
Work and uni and everything can get so stressful. This year I want to find more time for myself to relax, maybe have a bubble bath or to some yoga and just take a well deserved break. 

WRITE EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY
I am a pretty organised person but I not so good at writing all my events and commitments into my diary. Doing this will mean that I am better able to plan my time and work. 

WORRY LESS
I'm not sure that I will ever be able to break out of this habit. I am the worst person when it comes to worrying about all possible scenarios before they ever even happen. I really need to learn that stressing and worrying never helped anyone and there is usually nothing I can do to change something. 

READ MORE BOOKS
I love the feeling when you get so into a really good book and you can't even put it down. The sad thing is I only usually manage to find the time to read on holiday. This year I am going to try to cut down on the Netflix and make time for some good books. 

MAKE MORE TIME FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY 
One of my biggest fears is looking back and wishing that I spent more time with certain people. I am so lucky that I have friends and family that understand I am busy and never hold that against me. Some of my closest friends I only see a couple of times a year now that we are spread all over the country at different universities. But a letter or a text can go a long way. 


WRITE LETTERS

I love receiving letters. In fact while I am at university I write to my grandparents nearly once a week. A letter means so much more than a text and I want to write more letters to people while I am at university this year. 


SPEND LESS TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
I dread to think how many hours a day I spend staring at a screen. I can be scrolling though social media until my thumbs hurt and all it does is make me envious of other people and their figures and holidays and clothes. Social media is such an amazing powerful tool. But I need to learn to use it in a positive way. 


TRAVEL MORE 

This doesn't have to mean spending loads of money on fancy holidays. This year I would love to go to Edinburgh and pretty villages in the UK as a break from uni. And then maybe save up to go to somewhere in Italy on a city break. 


So here is to an amazing new year! Bring on 2016! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment