Saturday 1 August 2015

First Day In Kefalonia

First Day In Kefalonia 

Katherine Penney Chic Summer Holiday Kefalonia 2015 Greece Island Sea Beautiful View Ocean

We arrived in Kefalonia! And my gosh, it is so beautiful. I think tomorrow I might take a few pictures of our villa, pool and view to share with you all. But right now I just have a few pictures from today. 

We arrived at the villa at around midday and basically jumped straight in the pool! After a pretty chilled afternoon sunbathing, unpacking and catching up on some much sleep we headed out in our hire car to explore the area. And this is what we stumbled across!

Katherine Penney Chic Summer Holiday Kefalonia 2015 Greece Island Sea Beautiful View Ocean

The beach wasn't particularly sandy but the sea and swimming certainly made up for that. The water was the perfect temperate and so clear and calm. My dad, brother, sister and I swam out for ages (all the way to some of the boats on the right in the first picture). Near the boats we found a cave that we could swim into and do a bit of exploring. We also did some cliff jumping off some of the high rocks by the cave. My brother Nick doing flips, my sister and I leaping, screaming and hitting the water very hard! But it was one of the most amazing swims I have ever done and this was only the first day. 

Katherine Penney Chic Summer Holiday Kefalonia 2015 Greece Island Sea Beautiful View Ocean

Since we got back to the villa we had a lovely barbecue for dinner and have been relaxing. I've found my little work station which is perfect for blogging too! And yes, this is my new laptop! I am still learning how to use it, and having been a Dell user all of my life it is probably going to take some time. 

But I should probably get some sleep now, we were up at 2am this morning and I have lost 2 hours due to the time difference. So keep an eye out for all of my Kefalonia blogposts coming up in the next couple of weeks. Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment