Thursday 5 January 2017

Looking Forward - Penney Chic


So I thought it would be interesting to look all the way back to my post this time last year and see which goals I met and which should probably go back on to my list for this year!


LIVE WITH LESS
In a way yes, I have had quite a few big clear outs this year so I have definietly got rid of a lot of things that I don't use or wear. But at the same time I now work for ASOS and clothes are sometimes perks of the job, so it's a tricky one...!


DRINK MORE WATER
This year I have been much more conscious of my water intake, so I probably have drunk more water. But do I still need to drink more water, 100% yes, so this should probably stay on the list!


BE BALANCED
I have actually found this one really difficult which is shown through the lack of posts on my blog. I wanted to find more time for myself in 2016 but it hasn't really happened. Yes, I've had a great year, but it has also been a stressful one. I'm currently working a full time job, with a long commute to London while I am still a uni student with assignments so time management has been hard. This year I want to find a really good routine of trying to stay on top of everything and in doing so find more time for myself. 


WRITE EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY
Nailed it! Basically my diary is now my life! I have so many different appointments and obligations that if I didn't write them all down I would just have no idea.


WORRY LESS
Will I ever?! Worrying about work and uni etc is just what I do! And in a way I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing as it makes me work harder. But in 2016 I did worry less about what people think of me. Who cares if I go out with no makeup and a face covered in spots! I don't care about that girl who spread rumours and seems to live for drama! And have no time for pretending to be friends with someone when you know they are going to turn around and stab you in the back. I'm so lucky to have a few groups of really close friends (and of course family) that I know will always be there for me, and 2016 was the year I let go of those fake friendships and people that don't really bring anything to my life. 


READ MORE BOOKS
No, sadly this one didn't happen. And I can probably count on one hand the number of books I read last year. But I got a few lovely ones for Christmas which I excited to start. And in 2017 I am going to try and dedicate half an hour of reading before bed instead of looking at my phone to help me sleep.


MAKE MORE TIME FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
I think I did this one! It's lovely to be back living at home with my family and see much more of them. And now I'm working I've had to make more of an effort to meet up with friends and visit people at uni which I feel I have done. 


WRITE LETTERS
I think I can tick this one off too. In fact, I've just finished writing my thank you letters from Christmas! I love writing and receiving letters, especially from my grandparents and I'm sure that I can keep this one going. 


SPEND LESS TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Don't really think that I can tick this one off! I have a love hate with social media. I love seeing what other people are doing and find everything I follow really inspiring and motivating. I just hate the time that it takes from me. 


 TRAVEL MORE
Yes! I went on some incredible holidays this year with Marrakech being my favourite and the most eye opening. It was such a different culture for me but so beautiful and full of friendly humble people. I hope to do some more travelling in 2017 though and visit more amazing places. 


 

And so, my new 2017 ambitions are as follows:


DRINK MORE WATER


FIND MORE ME TIME


GET TO BED EARLIER


READ MORE BOOKS


WEAR LESS MAKEUP ON MY SKIN


VISIT MORE OF LONDON


SPEND MORE TIME ON MY BLOG


I'd love to hear in the comments below what your New Years Resolutions are so let me know.


Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment