Friday 24 July 2015

Decorating With Cacti

Decorating With Cacti

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Interior Decor Pretty minimal bohemian white cactus cacti pastel girlie pretty modern

If you read my blog regularly then you will know that about a week ago I went on what I am pretty sure was my first ever trip to IKEA! You would also know that I went a little cactus happy and ended up buying 6 mini cacti in the little white pots. And I have finally found a home for all of them in my bedroom so I wanted to share some photos with you. I absolutely love how they look and I was definitely missing some green in my bedroom. 

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Interior Decor Pretty minimal bohemian white cactus cacti pastel girlie pretty modern

The first two cacti are placed on my shelves to add a bit of colour. I think that they look so pretty alongside all of the jewellery and the nail polish. And just in case you were wondering or it was bugging you the top cactus is wonky. A lot of the soil was missing from that one so it is a little bit sad at the moment and I have no idea how to fix it!

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Interior Decor Pretty minimal bohemian white cactus cacti pastel girlie pretty modern

I used to have all my makeup on this window sill but realised that it probably wasn't a very clever idea to keep it there in the sun. So now I have moved all of my makeup to the shelf above my desk which gave me the perfect space for these three cacti. I love how minimal and chic this looks with all of the white on white. 

Katherine Penney Chic Bedroom Interior Decor Pretty minimal bohemian white cactus cacti pastel girlie pretty modern

And finally I saved my favourite cactus (yes, I'm sad!) for right by my bed! I needed some colour here as well and think it helps to tie everything together. 

I am really loving minimal and bohemian styles not only for fashion but also for decor. They sound like two completely contracting trends, bohemian style is far from minimal. But I like to keep some aspects minimal, particularly the colour palette of my bedroom very neural with lots of white and then bring a slight bohemian touch to other things, such as subtle intricate prints and different textures. Not sure if that really makes much sense but it does in my head! 

Hope everyone had a good Friday! I finally got my first pay cheque from working at Joules today although I have already spent it on something very exciting which I am sure will be featuring on the blog very soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment