Wednesday 17 June 2015

Pretty Preppy

Pretty Preppy 

Katherine Penney Chic Stripes Joules Pretty Preppy Collar Simple Classic Fashion Style

I wonder if I will ever get sick of wearing stripes?! Well I hope the answer is no as they make up about half of my wardrobe. Anyway, Today I wanted to show you how I styled one of my Joules tops for work on Sunday. If you haven't read my post on the clothes that I picked out for my Joules uniform then you can have a quick read here if you like. But basically I picked out four tops, three of which were actually the same top in different colours because I loved it so much!

Katherine Penney Chic Stripes Joules Pretty Preppy Collar Simple Classic Fashion Style

So after a few days of some amazing weather where I got some serious tanning done Sunday was a little colder. So I decided to layer up with a sleeveless denim collared shirt. Navy stripes and collars, wow, I'm so predictable! I love how simple, preppy and put together this looks. 

Katherine Penney Chic Stripes Joules Pretty Preppy Collar Simple Classic Fashion Style

Stripe Top - Joules
Shirt - Select
Jeans - Uniglo
Watch - Nixon
Bracelet - Pandora
Pearl Earrings - Links

Katherine Penney Chic Stripes Joules Pretty Preppy Collar Simple Classic Fashion Style

After work I got back and didn't have a lot of time before I went out to Pizza Express with my family. I thought my smart casual outfit was already dinner appropriate so I added my Zara trench coat and this brown bag, which is actually the detachable inside compartment to another bag! So I just threw all of my rubbish in and folded it over so it looked a little nicer. Then shove on some red lipstick, I used my Clinique Chubby Stick in the shade Two Ton Tomato and there you have it. A preppy daytime look which can be dressed up for the evening in less than 5 minutes! 

Hope you liked this post. I'd love to hear your thoughts of the outfit in the comments below. Speak soon xx

7 comments:

  1. You look lovely Katherine! I don't think I'll get bored of stripes either!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they are just my signature style now! :P xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh such a lovely look!! Your bag is so pretty too and I don't think you can go wrong with stripes - they're lovely and really add a uniqueness to your outfit! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! I'll never get bored of stripes either! Great blog!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style!x

    orlaghmare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete