Friday 27 February 2015

bareMinerals Skin Makeup

bareMinerals Skin Makeup 

Katherine Penney Chic Makeup Beauty Natural bareMinerals Skin Pretty High End

For a long time now I have been having a few problems with my skin. It's not really bad but I do have a few spots and a few scars from previous blemishes. I also have pretty sensitive skin and I was starting to find that wearing quite heavy makeup to university everyday wasn't really helping my situation. For nights out and special occasions I still do wear foundation that makes my skin look flawless but I wanted something lighter that I could wear on a daily basis with my makeup looking cakey or clogging my pores. 

Katherine Penney Chic Makeup Beauty Natural bareMinerals Skin Pretty High End

I'd heard a lot about mineral makeup before and it was actually recommend to me by my dermatologist that I went to see a few months ago. She described it as makeup that was good for you skin and said that in the long term it may even help to clear my skin. At first I had my worries. Mineral makeup seemed to me like something for people with perfect skin that just wanted to make it look even more flawless. And I had nowhere near perfect skin and the reason that I wore foundation was to hide my blemishes and I didn't think that mineral makeup would be able to give me the coverage that I wanted. 

During the Christmas break I went with my mum to the bareMinerals counter to ask them a few questions and have a look at the products. The lady was so helpful and asked me a few questions about my skin type before trying a few different shades on me to help my find the perfect colour match. I left with two different shades on each half on my face (not really visible) and was advised to go outside, have a look and see which colour I preferred. I also wanted to have a chance to think about it and really deicide if this is what I wanted to spend quite a bit of money on. 

I came back the next day and bought the slightly darker shade of powder and the primer and apart from a couple of nights out it is all that I have worn on my skin since. 

Katherine Penney Chic Makeup Beauty Natural bareMinerals Skin Pretty High End

It is definitely a much lighter coverage than I was previously wearing but it still evens out my skin and covers most of what I want to be covered. What I really love about this though is how natural it looks. Often it doesn't look like I am wearing any skin makeup at all. There are no visible brush strokes or cakey areas it just looks and feels like my own skin. I still do have to wear a little bit of concealer under my eyes and on a few blemishes but I was still doing that when I wore foundation anyway. Also unlike foundation which seams to slide off your face during the day this has a really long lasting power. 

Katherine Penney Chic Makeup Beauty Natural bareMinerals Skin Pretty High End

Here is quite a close up picture of me wearing the makeup. As you can see my skin isn't at all perfect but the makeup does look really natural and you can still see my skin through the makeup. 

Katherine Penney Chic Makeup Beauty Natural bareMinerals Skin Pretty High End

Hope this post was helpful to some of you. I really would recommend mineral makeup like these for something to wear on a daily basis. They just look and feel so natural and I actually think since I have been wearing this my skin has started to improve slightly. Also I have been using both of these nearly everyday for 2 months now and I can tell these are going to last em a long time, which is good as they weren't exactly the cheapest makeup that I have ever bought! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment