Friday 7 July 2017

Goodbye ASOS


So I have officially finished my incredible placement year at ASOS, and come September it is back to the student life for me! And while I can't say I am going to miss the 5:30am starts and the cramped commutes, I am going to miss working for the most incredible company and being a part of something amazing.


I've talked a lot about ASOS on this blog, and particularly over the last year. There was the post about a year ago when I started ASOS which you can read here and so many hauls and mentions since. So I felt it was only fair to give a little round up and do a goodbye post.


ASOS has become a company so close to my heart. I've grown so much as a person over the last year, grown in confidence but also just grown up! A real job in the real world does that to you! I've met and worked with some of the most inspirational and kindest people, people who have supported me when things got tough and then stepped back and let me have my moment to shine. I've had two different managers, with two very different managing styles and loved and looked up to them both equally. I've made some incredible friendships with people who I know I am going to stay in touch with. I've presented to and then chatted in the pub with the exec of ASOS, Nick B, whose incredible new form of management and leadership fascinates me. I've been to launches and gigs and parties, and a few too many work lunches and afterwork drinks! And I've even been on the tube getting out my ASOS lanyard and had a girl stop me just to say that "I work for the coolest company!".


I could go on forever about how amazing my year has been. But ASOS is such a positive, inspirational and creative community that I have been so lucky to be a part of for the last year. And even more lucky that on my last day they offered me a permanent job role for when I graduate!!!


So goodbye ASOS, you've been everything I could have wished for. But just goodbye for now because I will be back in that swanky new building in a year!


Speak soon,


xx


 

 

1 comment:

  1. You said it very well.! https://bucketlist.org/idea/6LiG/ideas-to-assist-properly-deal-with-nervousness/

    ReplyDelete