Monday 12 September 2016

Making a MAC Palette

Making a MAC Palette


thumb_img_4450_1024

I am so excited to be writing this post, it is literally a dream come true. It's a incredibly girlie, cliche and totally uninspiring dream to create my own MAC palette, but a dream none the less. Defo one to tick off my virtual bucket list!


From my lovely team at work I got some MAC vouchers, a perfect gift as it is a brand that I love but a little expensive that I wouldn't shop there as I could never justify spending that amount of money on makeup. But gift vouchers aren't really money are they?! So after work last week I walked down the road to the MAC store (ASOS really is the best place to work!) and treated myself.


thumb_img_4485_1024

If there is one makeup product I could never get bored of shopping for it is eye shadow palettes. And even though I always go for the same kind of shades (nudes, browns and bronze), they are just so beautiful, and I want them all. So even before I had reached the store, there was no question in my mind about what I would be spending my money on!


The idea behind this little quad, my first personal eye shadow palette was my perfect compact travel palette. I wanted an off white shade that would work perfectly in the inner corners. A light matte brown that would work as an all over natural shadow, but also a pretty crease colour. A darker brown that would work as a more dramatic crease colour but also on a thin brush as an eyeliner. And then a pretty shimmery shade that would work for both day and night.


So after a very long time staring at shadows and one beautifully painted hand later, I picked my shades.


Brule - a creamy beige satin finish with no shimmer
Satin Taupe - frosted cool tone brown with mauve undertones
Charcoal Brown - a matte cool tone taupe with some grey undertones
Brun - a satin finished dark taupe brown


I can't wait to start recreating different looks with these four beautiful shades. Possibly a few makeup looks coming soon.


And while I probably shouldn't be back in the MAC store anytime soon if you do have any other eyeshadows that you would recommend then please leave then in the comments below. Maybe my new dream will be the 16 shadow palette!


Speak soon xx

9 comments:

  1. I was just looking at your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic website and see that your site has the potential to get a lot of visitors. I just want to tell you, In case you don't already know... There is a website network which already has more than 16 million users, and the majority of the users are looking for topics like yours. By getting your website on this service you have a chance to get your site more popular than you can imagine. It is free to sign up and you can find out more about it here: http://maak.me/s0p1j - Now, let me ask you... Do you need your website to be successful to maintain your way of life? Do you need targeted visitors who are interested in the services and products you offer? Are looking for exposure, to increase sales, and to quickly develop awareness for your site? If your answer is YES, you can achieve these things only if you get your website on the network I am describing. This traffic network advertises you to thousands, while also giving you a chance to test the service before paying anything. All the popular sites are using this service to boost their traffic and ad revenue! Why aren’t you? And what is better than traffic? It’s recurring traffic! That's how running a successful site works... Here's to your success! Find out more here: http://www.axurl.com/5i

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Lela Guzman and I just wanted to send you a quick note here instead of calling you. I came to your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic website and noticed you could have a lot more hits. I have found that the key to running a popular website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your website topic. There is a company that you can get keyword targeted traffic from and they let you try their service for free for 7 days. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my site. http://soheavyblog.com/1m

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a message to the Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic admin. Your website is missing out on at least 300 visitors per day. I have found a company which offers to dramatically increase your traffic to your site: http://pcgroup.com.uy/15 - They offer 500 free targeted visitors during their free trial period and I managed to get over 30,000 visitors per month using their services, you could also get lot more targeted traffic than you have now. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter. We can send you targeted traffic and we let you try it for free. Get over 1,000 targeted visitors per day to your website. Check it out here: http://tdil.co/3p

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a comment to the Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic admin. Your website is missing out on at least 300 visitors per day. Our traffic system will dramatically increase your traffic to your website: http://pcgroup.com.uy/15 - We offer 500 free targeted visitors during our free trial period and we offer up to 30,000 targeted visitors per month. Hope this helps :) Unsubscribe here: http://tdil.co/5p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic website and wanted to let you know that we have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE web traffic system to the public for a limited time! You can sign up for our targeted traffic network with a free trial as we make this offer available again. If you need targeted traffic that is interested in your subject matter or products start your free trial today: http://pcgroup.com.uy/15 Unsubscribe here: http://pcgroup.com.uy/2a

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic website and wanted to let you know that we have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE web traffic system to the public for a limited time! You can sign up for our targeted traffic network with a free trial as we make this offer available again. If you need targeted traffic that is interested in your subject matter or products start your free trial today: http://stpicks.com/27 Unsubscribe here: http://priscilarodrigues.com.br/url/11

    ReplyDelete
  8. I discovered your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter. We can send you targeted traffic and we let you try it for free. Get over 1,000 targeted visitors per day to your website. Check it out here: http://tdil.co/3p Unsubscribe here: http://pcgroup.com.uy/2a

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your Making a MAC Palette – Penney Chic website and wanted to let you know that we have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE website traffic system to the public for a limited time! You can sign up for our targeted traffic network with a free trial as we make this offer available again. If you need targeted traffic that is interested in your subject matter or products start your free trial today: http://priscilarodrigues.com.br/url/v Unsubscribe here: http://pcgroup.com.uy/2a

    ReplyDelete