Monday 25 July 2016

Working at ASOS

Working at ASOS


thumb_IMG_3810_1024

I felt that it was about time that I did a little bit of a life update and basically explained why I am so rubbish at posting at the moment.

If you follow me on any other social media (or have read the title of this post!) you will know that I am now working at ASOS. I know, I still have to pinch myself! I'm nineteen and already working for my dream company! I am having the most amazing time and everyone at the company has been so lovely and welcoming. I have also got a fair amount of amazing new clothes from my job, but I will save that for another post.


I have worked before, but this is actually my first full-time job, and even though I couldn't be luckier it is taking some getting used to. I am fortunate enough to be able to live at home and commute to work, but two hour commutes everyday is also exhausting.


The nature of ASOS is very fast-paced and everyday is different. Which honestly I love, I don't think that I have ever, or will ever be the type of person that can just sit still. Once I am in work (and had my morning coffee!) I have been throwing myself into it to try and take in and learn as much as possible. The whole company has such amazing energy that it is impossible not to feed off. I have never seen so many "Girl Bosses" in one room, it's so inspiring!


However after my hour long commute home I am exhausted, and all I want to do is have some dinner and crash. Which sort of explains while I feel like other parts of my life a slipping a little. My blog is hardly ever updated, I haven't done any exercise in weeks and there are so many friends that I would love to catch up with but there are only so many hours in a day. And for a girl who lives by plans and lists I am suddenly really struggling with my time management.


So this post isn't a rant or a list of excuses. If anything it is just for me to get my head round everything that has happened over the past month. I think moving forward I am going to try and make a few small changes in my life to be healthier and less stressed. Starting with getting to bed much earlier! When I've had enough sleep everything else should soon follow.


Speak soon xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment