Tuesday 7 June 2016

Sun Daze

Sun Daze


thumb_IMG_3030_1024


I am fully aware that by the time this post goes live it will no longer be a Sunday, and my title pun will have less of an effect! But I am sticking with it anyway.


This Sunday, one of the hottest days of the year so far, I went to my boyfriend Jacks house for a family barbecue. After weeks spent revising in tracksuit bottoms, my hair in a messy bun and no makeup on it was nice to get a little bit dressed up. It was also lovely to put a pretty blouse on and not have to worry that it wouldn't even be seen under a coat or jacket!


We had such a lovely time in the sunshine chatting, drinking and eating barbecue food followed by the most incredible pavlova.


thumb_IMG_3027_1024


I decided to keep my outfit fairly simple, jeans and a white blouse, and then add some pretty accessories such as this satchel bag, delicate jewellery and sunglasses of course.


Top - New Look
Jeans - Topshop
Satchel - Accessorize
Sandels - River Island


thumb_IMG_3028_1024

I think I have finally mastered the art of hair curling with straighteners! I'm not perfect, or particularly quick, but I love how natural these loose waves look. I also love the detail on this New Look blouse. I bought it in the sale and have had it for years but it is still one of my favourites. Also how adorable is my gold elephant pendant which my little sister bought me!


thumb_IMG_3029_1024

I also kept my makeup fairly simple, so that it wouldn't all melt off in the sunshine and heat! I kept my skin dewey, classic brown eyeshadow, fluttery lashes and my favourite nude matte lipstick. I am definitely going to have to write a post on this lip product fairly soon as it is all I have been reaching for recently.


thumb_IMG_3031_1024

I love how simple, girlie and understated this whole look is. It is the perfect combination of put-together without looking like you have put too much effort into it. And I can't believe how well my shoes and bag match!


thumb_IMG_3032_1024

You might recognise these beautiful shoes from a fairly recent post. I got them from River Island and I am just in love. For a while now I had wanted a pair of Summer heels that I would feel comfortable wearing during the day. These shoes (which I found in the sale as well!) are exactly what I was looking for. They are simple, comfortable and the nude shade means they are wearable with so many different outfits.


thumb_IMG_3033_1024

...And pout!


thumb_IMG_3034_1024

Yesterday was just as hot as Sunday, and I spent most of the day lying in the sun with the latest issue of ELLE Magazine and a berry smoothie! Not a bad Monday I guess! Today however is a totally different story. I went into town with my brother to pick up some ingredients as I am going to do some baking soon, and just as we arrived the torrential rain started. The saying "and the heavens opened" was very appropriate! But it was still so humid, so I was wondering around wearing a t-shirt and carrying an umbrella. Very strange!


I'm off to do some baking (and eating!) now. Speak soon xx

5 comments:

  1. It's awesome tߋo vist this weeb sitе and reading the views oof all colⅼеagues
    on the topic of this paragraph, while I am alѕo zealous оf
    getting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wօw! After all ӏ got a web site fom where
    I be able to genuіnelу obtain usᥱfսl infoгmɑtion regarding myy study
    аnd knowlеdge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really ɑ greɑt and helpful piece of informɑtion. I'm glad that you just sharᥱd
    this useful infoгmation wіth us. Ⲣlease stay us up
    to dae like this. Thank you foߋr sһаring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mу fwmіly member! I want to say that this article
    is amazing, greɑt written and include almost all vital infos.
    I wοuld like to see morᥱ posts like this .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's truly νery complicated in this full οf
    аctivity life to ⅼіsten news on Television, therefore I only uѕe the
    web for that purpose, andd get the hottest
    news.

    ReplyDelete