Wednesday 12 August 2015

MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy 

Katherine Penney Chic Beauty Makeup MAC Lipstick Matte Duty Free Velvet Teddy Kylie Jenner Pretty Minimal Modern

I finally got my hands on the MAC lipstick that I have wanted for ages, Velvet Teddy, also known as the Kylie Jenner lip shade. I picked it up on the way to Kefalonia at World Duty Free which meant that I managed to save a few pounds. Although in my head I think of duty free as huge discounted prices, and then every time I am reminded that I only ever save a few pounds! 

Katherine Penney Chic Beauty Makeup MAC Lipstick Matte Duty Free Velvet Teddy Kylie Jenner Pretty Minimal Modern

Velvet Teddy is a matte lipstick, which is something I don't usually go for as I find them quite drying on my lips. But this one still manages to feel moisturising and I think that fact that it is matte really increases its lasting power. I wore this during the holiday out to dinner with my family, and after a whole three course meal it still looked pretty perfect, and it barely came off on my glass. The actually shade is very natural but with a slight pinky brown tint. 

Katherine Penney Chic Beauty Makeup MAC Lipstick Matte Duty Free Velvet Teddy Kylie Jenner Pretty Minimal Modern


I have found that I am starting to build a bit of a collection of MAC lipsticks which is very exciting. The other shades that I have are Patisserie, which was the first one that I got and I wear all the time. It's my perfect nude shade and I will be so sad when this runs out. Actually I will probably just go and replace it straight away, I need this in my life! The other shade is also pretty new to my collection, Giddy. Again it is a very natural lustre shade but more pinky. 

Katherine Penney Chic Beauty Makeup MAC Lipstick Matte Duty Free Velvet Teddy Kylie Jenner Pretty Minimal Modern

Here is my go to everyday makeup look featuring MAC Velvet Teddy. I just do a simple slightly shimmery brown smokey eye which I think perfectly complements the brown tint in the lipstick. 

Katherine Penney Chic Beauty Makeup MAC Lipstick Matte Duty Free Velvet Teddy Kylie Jenner Pretty Minimal Modern

Hope you guys are having a lovely Wednesday. I got back home from Kefalonia yesterday afternoon and it is actually really lovely to be back. I love travelling and going on holiday, but there is something about living out of a suitcase that I am not so keen on. I like having ALL my stuff, and my home comforts. Plus it is finally cold enough here for me to drink lots of green tea again! It's pretty sad, but I was actually really missing it! xx

4 comments: