Tuesday 18 September 2018

Tips To Cure a Cold

I'm sitting here feeling a little a though I have been hit by a bus...I have in fact got a Summer cold. I am shivering and sweating, sneezing almost once a minute and blown my nose so much that I have given myself a headache. And as you can probably guess I am feeling a little sorry for myself.


As someone with an seemingly incompetent immune system and the ability to catch a cold from anyone within a mile radius, I am unfortunately fairly used to feeling a little under the weather. However, this has meant that I have developed a strategy so that I can feel better as soon as possible and not let a little cold get in my way! As the weather (finally) starts to drop and "Back to School" is among us, colds are pretty common. So I thought that this would be the perfect time to share my tips on how to cope with a cold and get over it a little quicker.


Disclaimer: It should go without saying that I have a degree in Fashion and AM NOT a doctor.


POP A PILL
As soon as I feel as thought I am coming down with something I take a paracetamol. Sometimes if you get there early enough you can even catch it before it develops into a full blown cold!


DRINK A LOAD OF WATER
Not only will cold water feel really nice if your throat is a bit sore but it is so important to stay hydrated right now. I like to drink warm water with honey and lemon whenever I am feeling a little under the weather, it tastes amazing and it really lovely for soothing a sore throat.


FACIAL STEAMING
I like to do this anyway as part of my skincare routine to open up pores before a face mask, however, steaming your face is also amazing for clearing sinuses. Make sure that the water isn't boiling, use something to protect your eyes and have a tissue at hand for when your nose inevitably starts streaming!


GO FOR A WALK
While resting when you are ill is important I also think it is good to get outside for a bit of fresh air. I wouldn't recommend doing any hardcore exercise when you are ill, but something like a walk or yoga is just what the doctor ordered!


GIVE DAIRY A MISS
This might be a personal one but whenever I have a cold and I eat any dairy (but particularly chocolate) my throat just feels so sore. It's natural when you are feeling ill to want to snuggle up in bed with a load of unhealthy food, but now is actually the time to eat really healthily and help your body to recover.


TAKE A HOT BATH
Similar to a facial steam, the stream from a hot bath will really help to clear sinuses. This is particularly beneficial before bed.


 

I hope this helps any of you who may also be experiencing a Summer cold! And if you have any other tips, please share them in the comments.
Speak soon, xx

8 comments:

  1. Im grateful for the article post. Much thanks again. Awesome. Wilma Isiahi Nunnery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please visit the internet sites we stick to, including this 1, as it represents our picks in the web. Angelle Beaufort Ruberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this time it appears like Movable Type is the best blogging platform available right now. Caria Goddard Pulsifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time to study or go to the content material or web sites we have linked to below. Merrill Douglas Ceciley

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is perceptibly a lot to realize about this. I think you made various good points in features also. Virgina Yehudi Micco

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been checking out a few of your articles and i can state pretty clever stuff. I will surely bookmark your site. Modesty Cob Guinn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and also the rest of the site is extremely good. Cacilie Gare Matland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Tamera Wilmer Iny

    ReplyDelete