Wednesday 23 November 2016

Autumnal Makeup Favourites

Autumnal Makeup Favourites


thumb_img_4805_1024

I'm sitting in my bedroom writing this blogpost and my hands are so cold it is almost hard to type! So while it currently feels more like Winter right now I thought it was about time I got around to talking about some of my Autumn makeup favourites.


thumb_img_4808_1024

As cliche as it is, a darker lip is one of my favourite makeup looks for this time of year. And both of my favourite shades are from Rimmel, so very inexpensive. Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 128 Starry-Eyed has been my go to berry shade for a few years now, and I know I have spoken about this a few times on my blog. So I though I would introduce you to a new darker lip favourite; Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate in shade 48. This is a deeper brown toned colour and definietly fitting with the whole 90's trend which is still around. I find that this colour really suites my skin tones and makes my brown eyes pop. Especially with a subtle brown smokey eye and lashings of black mascara. I like to wear this during the day time dabbed onto my lips over some lipbalm, or full on colour for evenings. And the finish of these are beautiful so they last for ages!


thumb_img_4824_1024

Green eyeshadow, I know what your thinking! Sounds awful and probably reminds you of that lime green eyeshadow you got free once in a Pop magazine and used to smudge all over you lids as a child! But I'm talking about a beautiful shimmery emerald green, which FYI is my favourite colour at the moment. Maybe I'll have to do a whole blogpost on all of the emerald green additions I've been making to my wardrobe! This lovely eyeshadow from The Body Shop makes for a gorgeous and different evening smokey eye. Or take a little bit on a thin liner brush for pretty day time look.


thumb_img_4810_1024

My final Autumn favourites are jewel toned nails, particularly these stunning Essie shades. After a Summer of whites and pastels it's lovely to pick up those rich colours that just feel and look so luxurious. Burgundy on your nails at this time of year is a classic, but can sometimes be a bit over done. I think navy is a colour that people often forget, but it looks just as sophisticated. And finally back to the emerald green which I am also loving wearing on my nails.


Essie Shades:




  • Bobbing for baubles

  • Midnight Cami

  • Sugar Daddy

  • Going Incognito

  • Thigh High

  • Trophy Wife


Only a couple of weeks now and it will be Winter! And I can't wait to start getting all Christmassy!


Speak soon xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment