Monday 22 January 2018

My Top Three Trends for S/S18

I am sat here at my desk doing everything and anything apart from revision. I have already been swallowed into a downward YouTube spiral of home tours and wardrobe clear-outs, and gone through every single item in the Zara sale, only to be left disappointed. So I though now was the perfect time to focus on my fairly abandoned blog!


Since I have spent the best part of a fortnight in tracksuit bottoms and no makeup I am in no position to share any of my own styling photos. So I thought I would scroll through another site that is amazing for procrastination, Pinterest, and share some of my style inspiration for 2018.


 

D E N I M


2017 was the year that I finally started venturing away from super skinny jeans. I bought a pair of distressed denim jeans (to my parents disappointment) and I am completely converted. I wear then with trainers or flats during the day, boots in the evening and heels for a night out. This has started an obsession with all things distressed, as you can see below.



S P O T   O N


Polka dots are set to be huge for SS18, particularly in monochrome shades (yay!). I think the key for this trend is delicate polka dots on floaty fabrics for a really feminine feel. This trend looks great with denim and brown leather accessories.




 

S A T I N


I'm not one to experiment too much with colour (as you can probably tell!), but I do love to play around with fabrics and texture. Last year I was all about velvet, but Spring/Summer calls for lighter fabrics...cue satin. The great thing about satin, like velvet, is lower price points are just as good! This trend channels a bit of a nightwear/lingerie style making it feel really sexy.



So those are my three favourite trends for the coming season, and now I am probably going to spend the rest of my evening shopping for them! Would love to know what trends you are really excited for this season!


Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment