Sunday 2 April 2017

The Basics You Need


There are some days where I have planned my outfit possibly even days in advance, and other days where I have about two minutes to throw on something before I head out the door! And on these such days I always like to have some fail safe basic pieces that I just know will work. Cue the breton stripes (basically my uniform!), a good pair of black skinny jeans, and while the weather still can't make its mind up, a denim jacket. All these pieces are staples in my wardrobe all year round. And when I thrown them on all together they just work, and I don't even have to think about it.


Side note: I've started to curl my hair quickly in the morning with my straightens and I am loving the outcome in the photo!



This 3/4 sleeve stripe top from Joules is my favourite as it is the only white based one I have found that is a thick enough fabric for me to not have to worry about what colour underwear I'm wearing! And I love the subtle nautical logo on the sleeve. My denim jacket is such a lovely wash, not to dark or too light and it's not too oversized. I also like to roll the cuffs up on this one for an extra preppy detail. And finally my jeans, which you can't really see, but I am sure they have featured in many of my other outfit posts are from Monki. I love them and wear them so much that I actually have two pairs!



I could do a whole long post about basics that I think every woman should have in their wardrobe, but it's all been said so many times before. The white shirt, the LBD, a trench coat/mac...But if your looking for something casual but put together that you don't even have to think about on those mornings where you just need to roll out of bed and run out the door then this outfit is the one. I also recommend Converse or some type of trainers if like me your morning will probably also consist of running for the train!


Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment