Sunday 1 September 2019

A Breath of Fresh Air






I love a holiday as much as the next person. Nothing is better than switching on your out of office, leaving the work worries at work and just having some time to relax. This Summer I went on two holiday; Cornwall and the Lake District. So I thought I would tell you why sometime, there is nothing better than a UK holiday.





LESS STRESS
I find UK holidays so much less stressful, I think there is something about flying, having a limit on liquids and just making it to the airport on time that makes me a little anxious. For both our UK holidays this Summer we drove, giving us the flexibility to pack however we wanted to pack and leave when we were ready. Flying is exciting as it usually means getting away to somewhere hot, but a road trip with a great playlist and good car snacks can be just as fun!





NO LUGGAGE LIMIT
Travelling by train is a bit of a different story as it then comes down to how much you are able to carry. But if you are travelling by car and you have enough space, you can almost pack as much as you want. This is particularly useful for a UK holiday as unpredictable weather means you'll need a bikini one second and a coat and fleece the next.





THE WEATHER CAN BE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE
I know guaranteed sun is usually the reason most people go abroad, but let me try and put a positive spin on this! In Cornwall, we had a real mixed bag of weather. We had a few boiling days on the beach where we all ended up going a little pink. And a few rainy days going on long walks and wondering around harbour towns. Both were lovely and some of the best memories. UK weather can be frustrating, in The Lakes in rained most of the time, but it didn't stop us from having a great holiday.





HIDDEN GEMS
The UK is beautiful. And if you haven't been to Cornwall or The Lakes I can't recommend it enough. There are some of the most incredible landscapes. In Cornwall I posted a picture of a beach we went to on one of the hottest days, and had all to ourselves; it looked like somewhere in Spain or a Greek Island. But where in Spain or a Greek Island are you going to find a huge beach all to yourselves.





So I hope this inspired you to maybe think about booking your next holiday somewhere in the UK. Next on my bucket list is Edinburgh. In fact, I've never actually been to Scotland! So watch this space...


10 comments:

  1. Usted tiene un blog fabuloso gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artikkelen din er verdt å lese. Shelagh Wilek Joliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just commenting to let you understand what a nice discovery our girl experienced viewing the blog. She mastered a lot of pieces, including what it is like to possess a wonderful teaching spirit to have most people very easily fully understand specified advanced matters. You actually exceeded her expectations. Many thanks for delivering these valuable, safe, edifying not to mention fun tips about that topic to Julie. Lyssa Griffie Aleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good blog! I will bookmark a few of these.. Thomasina Wildon Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! It is like you understand my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, just like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some images to drive the content home a bit, besides that, this is informative blog. A wonderful read. I will definitely return again. Brenda Darn Sherlock

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is really a nice one it helps new net people, who are wishing for blogging. Ariella Hughie Sidwohl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy! I just wish to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you have here on this post. I am returning to your web site for more soon. Betti Donaugh Linker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for the post. Really looking forward to read more. Cordula Ruggiero Faria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Hillary 0 you must be feeling very happy and relieved to be moving on now. Ida Hilario Palestine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having read this I believed it was extremely informative. I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this content together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile! Jenna Zachery Cesare

    ReplyDelete