Sunday 29 October 2017

Sunday Thoughts...

I think it is about time that I sat down on a Sunday afternoon with a cup of tea and got back into blogging again. The truth is that I miss it. Since coming back to Manchester for my final year at university life has just kind of got in the way. Every time that I started to think about my blog I would get this feeling of regret deep in the bottom of my stomach. It's something that a few months ago I started to fall out of love with and began to feel like a chore. Something else that I would add on to my to do list and then put off for as long as possible.


I think the truth is that I started to compare my blog to other people's blogs. My expectations of my photography, the quality of my writing and anything that I posted got higher and higher, until I felt that my own abilities couldn't create the content that I wanted to put out there. I was looking at the blogs of people who make a living out of blogging, and forgetting that behind a single post they probably have a whole team, and almost definietly a professional photographer.


So I'm back, remembering why I started blogging in the first place. It's that little corner of the internet that is all mine, where I can ramble on about anything that I want to talk about. So be ready for less than perfect photography and probably a few spelling mistakes thrown in for good measure.


Here's to Penney Chic 2.0! Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment