Monday 3 October 2016

London Fashion Weekend

London Fashion Weekend

thumb_img_4586_1024


Last Sunday I was lucky enough to go to London Fashion Weekend at the Saachi Gallery, such a beautiful venue in Sloane Square. And while the trains weren’t exactly on my side (are they ever at the moment!?), the weather was lovely and for once I felt like I dressed appropriately.


I chose to take an over-the-knee booted step out of my comfort zone for the occasion, and wore this gorgeous floral maxi dress with a front split. I think the only time I have worn maxi dresses is for balls and my prom! During the day if I do wear a dress, as 90% of the time I will be in skinny jeans, then it’s a mini dress (not a body con though!). So for me this was huge, and I loved it! I spent the day feeling like a fashion princess!


thumb_img_6572_1024


And you won’t believe how much the dress in question cost me! £1!! It’s a little mean of me to boast about it as I got it from an ASOS sample sale a few weeks ago. However the dress is online at the moment and I think it is discounted so it is really reasonable. And you can click on the link below if you want to have a little look.


Goldie Great Lengths Maxi Dress


When we first arrived at 10am in the morning, a particularly early start for a Sunday, we had a little browse around some of the stalls. They had a few brands that I had heard of and a few brands that I hadn’t, but everything just looked so beautiful and luxurious. There were leather jackets, denim dresses, beautiful tailored suits and the softest faux fur. And while the majority of things were a little out of my budgets (especially the week before pay day!) I was so nice just to wonder around, get some pictures and just take everything in.


thumb_img_4641_1024


Wondering around the stalls and little boutiques actually left me with two little nuggets of inspiration.




  1. Rather than have loads of cheaper clothes (and only a handful of them you actually wear) invest in a few pieces that you love and that are going to stand the test of time.

  2. Be more daring! My aim for this season is to try and be a little more bold in my fashion choices, and I think that working at ASOS surrounded by so many fashionable people is the best place to be for inspiration. I’m not saying blindly follow every fashion trend! But wearing a floral maxi dress with a split up the front was pretty daring for me - and I felt fabulous.thumb_img_4640_1024


We also saw a couple of lovely shows, displaying trends such a Winter florals, velvet and beautiful lace. I am now desperate to get my hands on something velvet is a rich jewel tone. I have seen a lot of velvet at the moment and I was a bit on the fence at first. It’s a texture that reminds me too much of my childhood dressing up days and makes me feel a little funny when it’s brushed the wrong way. And then I read a lovely article in Style magazine about the texture of the season and how it’s great because it is actually very difficult to tell the different between the designer and the hughstreet, as velvet is just really velvet. Unless you want to get all technical and say that the expensive will be silk and the cheap will be polyester! So I’m going to do a little online hunting as soon as I click the upload button for this post!


thumb_img_4642_1024


Speak soon xx 

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed you don't monetize your website, don't waste your traffic,
    you can earn extra bucks every month because
    you've got hi quality content. If you want to know
    how to make extra $$$, search for: Mrdalekjd methods
    for $$$

    ReplyDelete